Postponed: Archives Amplified: Connect, Challenge, Reimagine now 2021
2020 Archives Amplified Conference Postponed to 2021
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we regret to advise that the 2020 Archives Amplified Conference, which was due to take place on 26-28 August 2020, has been postponed.
Our priority is to ensure the health and safety of everyone involved. There is some uncertainty about how long mass gathering restrictions will stay in place, which is why Council has made the decision to postpone to 2021.
The Conference will now be held on 14-17 September 2021 and will remain at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. We look forward to welcoming you to Brisbane in 2021.
The Australian Society of Archivists has published the Call for Papers for their 2020 conference in Brisbane in August 2020.
Archives Amplified: Connect, Challenge, Reimagine
Definition of amplify (am-pli-fy)
- to expand by the use of detail, illustration or closer analysis; to expand one’s remarks or ideas;
- to enlarge upon or add context (to a story or statement)
- to grow in size or effect;
- to increase the strength or amount of, especially: to make louder
How do we ‘amplify’ archives? Join us at South Bank, the cultural hub of Brisbane, as Archives Amplified 2020 explores the ever-expanding and changing boundaries of archives and the archival profession.
The conference will provide a platform for finding creative solutions to shared challenges. A broad range of topics will be explored, focused on the central theme of ‘amplify’. These may include:
- Exploring opportunities for greater collaboration, knowledge and skill sharing;
- Increasing visibility, access and understanding of archival holdings;
- Growing diversity and inclusivity;
- Connecting with and engaging new audiences;
- Removing barriers and breaking down borders;
- Digital transformation and innovation;
- Disruptive thinking and organisational change; and
- Reimagining a sustainable future in an ever-changing digital landscape.
Let’s question the status quo.
We’re aiming to make this the most participative conference the ASA has held to date and there will be lots of opportunities provided to connect and engage with others across the profession. Watch this space for more details…!
Archives Amplified 2020 invites you to join the conversation on how we can amplify the role of archives into the future.
The 2020 ASA Conference will be held on the traditional land of the Turrbal and Yuggera people.
Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Grey Street, South Brisbane
Call for Papers Open – 24 October 2019
Call for Papers Closes – 15 February 2020
Registrations Open – May 2020
Registration Close – 15 August 2020
SIGs and AGM – 25 August 2020
Conference – 26 and 27 August 2020
Workshops and Tours – 28 August 2020